Bartending Basics: A Complete Beginner’s Guide
Thomas Morrell has spent over thirteen years in the restaurant and bar industry. He has worked as a busboy, dishwasher, server, host, cook, manager and most importantly as a bartender. Over the years many people have asked him how they can become a bartender too. This book is his answer. Inside you will find information covering: bartending tools and terminology, Thomas’ customer service philosophy, br, wine, distilled spirits, mixed drinks, how to maximize your tips, bartending working environments, bartending professionalism, responsible bartending, finding work as a bartender”
Bartending For Dummies
This latest edition of Bartending For Dummies features over 1,000 drink recipes in an A-Z format with clear, easy-to-follow instructions.
This 4th Edition also provides:
- Detailed information on how to properly stock a bar
- Expanded coverage on making exotic frozen/blended specialties, specialty coffees, and hot toddies
- Tips on creating unique punches and even non-alcoholic drinks
- Helpful information about experimenting with the latest flavored rums and vodkas including apple, blackberry, blueberry, cherry, grape, mango, and watermelon
- Fun, new ways to garnish, rim, and serve drinks like a master mixologist
- The latest tips and advice on curing hangovers and hiccups
- Advice on choosing the right and latest glassware and mixers
- New recipes covering the hottest shooters such as After Five, Candy Corn, Jelly Bean, and more
- A new section on festive holiday cocktails such as the Grinch and Candy Cane Martini
Bartending 101: The Basics of Mixology
Harvard Student Agencies, Inc.
Do you know how to set up a full bar for that party you’re having? How much vermouth to use when your first guest requests a “dry martini on the rocks?” How to measure out a shot of alcohol using the three-count method?
You’ll find the answers to all of these questions and much more in this indispensable guide. Rather than teaching you recipes for drinks you’ve never heard of and will never have to make, the authors focus on the fundamentals of bartending–using the tools, learning the terminology and drink mnemonics, and setting up for a cocktail party. This book will transform the most ignorant imbiber into a sauce-slinger extraordinaire, ready to go out and bartend recreationally or professionally.
This guide includes:
- Basic bar setups, tools, and helpful techniques
- Hundreds of recipes for the most popular drinks and punches, from chocolate martinis to salty dogs
- New chapters featuring everything a bartender needs to know about beer and wine
- A new and improved guide to throwing a fabulous cocktail party
- Hints on finding a bartending job
- Diagrams, illustrations, and many useful tips throughout.